Some progress and clearance light issues

Go down

Post  parrothead on Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:08 pm

Well I have decided to save generator issues for a little later.It does start and run know On startup it chugs and smokes about 2- 3 min then smooths out and runs fine. Then 2-3 hrs later starts to chug and smoke again.Anyway I solved the no power in the coach.The hot wire to the coach was off! I found it laying in the batt compartment.Installed a inline fuse on it.bought a new RV batt.Now I have 12V power in the coach 24/7! Batt indicator, water pump,lights, everything works.I also found another broken wire under the hood.It somehow connects to the hot of the coach batt.I assume this is to recharge both batt,s from the engine alt.Shouldnt there be a isolator somewhwere between them? Is it OK to recharge the RV (deep cycle)batt from the engine alt?The converter also recharges the coach batt when plugged in to shore power probably at a very low rate.Shows about 13V.I have heard some say the RV should always be plugged into shore power at home.Since I need to get Texas insp sticker I need to now get my clearance lights working.About half of them are missing the lenses, and are in bad shape.I want to replace them with 12V L.E.D.s Trouble is the 3 or 4 I have checked have no power.shouldnt they have power with vehicles park and tailights on.I have found no fuse or power source for them yet.Headlights,tailights work fine.Thanks for your help

parrothead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  daniel on Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:16 pm

Usely the clearance light are strung together the go up the driver side post and then go on to last lite also check the ground see if all light a ground it
the gen sound like the choke is mess up or carb load up on u
I had an old gen and choke stuck all the time I don;t no if has point in it check the gap there it miss And act up when hot
I just got a starfire this week
I own a cortez and older winnei too and those where the grimlem affraid in it I fond them out and fix it
daniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down