Electrical Problem

Go down

Electrical Problem

Post  Whale002 on Wed May 13, 2009 4:13 pm

I have a 1989 Edorado Class C motor home. It is a winner. Excellent condition. But I have a small problem. After about 24 hours of camping the brand new refrigerator starts to cycle off and on after a ping noise. It shuts down and starts right back up. The lights flicker at times when this is occuring. Any ideas. Thanks
Whale002

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fridge Issue

Post  ElDorado Jeff on Mon May 25, 2009 7:59 am

If you are on gas and not plugged into shore power, the problem you may be experiencing is that you are losing amps coming from your house battery, and it doesn't have enough power to keep the circuit board in full operation. If you are plugged into shore power, then the convertor charger may not be charging the battery well enough or again back to the battery may have a dead cell and won't keep up with the operation of the circuit board of the fridge. Also check the ground connections to the chassis down to the frame from behind the power convertor, may have some bad contacts.

Admin

View user profile http://www.beavercreekboise.com/Eldorado%20Pages/el_dorado_motor

Back to top Go down

Converter Problem

Post  Whale002 on Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 pm

I am on shore power when this happens. Is it just possible the converter is old and heats up? They want about 400.00 to replace converter. Battery is new.
Where do I find ground? Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it.
Whale002

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Converter

Post  Whale002 on Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:36 pm

I had converter replaced. About $375. Fixed problem, everything fine. 45 Amp Converter installed
Whale002

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Electrical Problem

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down