ElDorado Motor Homes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need advice re: '86 Starfire's fate

2 posters

Go down

Need advice re: '86 Starfire's fate Empty Need advice re: '86 Starfire's fate

Post  SAPatterson Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:55 pm

I am trying to decide what I can do with my Starfire. It is a 31' 1986 with a 450 Ford motor. It was inherited from my Dad in '03. It was originally purchased new by Alice Busch Gronewaldt of the Anheiser-Busch fame. It was later given to her nephew who was a friend of my Dad's, and they swapped the motor home for a boat. Mrs. Gronewaldt had custom painting of a fox hunt painted on all the cabinets in the galley/dining area - very unique. When I inherited it, the rv was stocked with Budweiser cups, towels, and various other promotional beer items so the family dubbed it "The Budmobile".

I only used it a few times and I'm sad to say it's been parked for 8 or 9 years. I need to do something with it. Some vandals broke out 2 windows but didn't vandalize the interior. At this point it needs lots of work of which I don't have the time or resources to have done. I would love to sell it to someone who could return it to it's original greatness but I'm not sure anyone would be interested. I would hate to see it go to be parted out. I do need to get something done with it else it will just sit and rot. Any advice from those more knowledgeable on these one of a kind motor homes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sharon

SAPatterson

Back to top Go down

Need advice re: '86 Starfire's fate Empty Sell

Post  susanmagee Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:41 pm

From what I understand, there are collectors that will be happy to take it off your hands for a tasty bundle! Only 280 made, extremely rare. Good luck!

susanmagee

Back to top Go down