ElDorado Motor Homes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now there are 3 of us...

3 posters

Go down

Now there are 3 of us... Empty Now there are 3 of us...

Post  starfire87 Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:52 pm

I'm new to the forum and am sure there are more than 3 of us owners out there...we just have to find them and get them in here so we can exchange info. I've just started corresponding with Jeff and he has already been very helpful. His site gave me info to get started (owner's manual etc.) and I think this is great.

I just purchased a 1987 Starfire 31' with tag axle. Went to the largest RV show in the world this past weekend at Tampa and hooked up with a designer. As soon as I get the starfire running, I'm taking it to her for a total remake. Wow, I saw a new 45' Parliment (Prevost bus) at the show and she and I looked it over. She says she can do the same kind of interior. I hope so, but that Prevost was $2.2 Million and I'm not spending that on the starfire, I can tell you that now! But, I'm hoping it will be something to really enjoy for the rest of my life. What a great show for resources.

As soon as I figure out how to post a photo on this forum, I'll do so. It's not too much to look at now, but the dream is there to make it special.

The running problem is on the back of the intake manifold (passenger side) there is a little plate that at one time had a heating tube going across the manifold to the other side. It was for warming the choke, I think. The tube is gone and the hole is there. I never heard of exhaust coming out of an intake manifold, but I'm told that's what it is. Have to figure out how to get that plate off and then whether or not to block it or find a replacement for the tube or whatever that is? Jeff or Steve, you have any ideas?

Hope to hear from you and oh, how do I post photos and diagrams on this site?

Thanks
Dr. Mike

starfire87

http://www.worldslargestgrill.com

Back to top Go down

Now there are 3 of us... Empty intake leak

Post  steve Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:24 pm

Had exact issue on the dodge 440 in the Superior.That is the choke heat riser port I removed the plate clean and used a patch material used on exhaust manifolds it hardens and handles lots of heat,I covered the plate and allowed it to cure then put high heat gasket material and replaced the plate making sure all was covered or patched.It has been good for four years now.The choke heater isn't needed with the updated holley using electric choke or converting to manual choke.hope it helps.

steve

Back to top Go down

Now there are 3 of us... Empty Thanks Guys for getting this forum going

Post  ElDorado Jeff Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:47 pm

Thanks all for getting this going for me. I thought I would give this a try and up till now there has not been a lot of activity.

Since this is a free forum I don't know how much I can get it customized, and if there is a place for pictures. I do have plenty of web space if you would like for me to post some before and after pictures of your rigs.

Thanks again.

Jeff
ElDorado Jeff
ElDorado Jeff
Admin

http://www.beavercreekboise.com/Eldorado%20Pages/el_dorado_motor

Back to top Go down

Now there are 3 of us... Empty Re: Now there are 3 of us...

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum