ElDorado Motor Homes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FIRST TIME RV GUY

2 posters

Go down

FIRST TIME RV GUY Empty FIRST TIME RV GUY

Post  FightingCB Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:52 pm

Hey All first time RV man and I decided Well I'm in Iraq my wife made a descision to buy a Eldorado C Omega and I just found out that I need a toilet water heater and Heater and window seals. Does anyone know where I can get parts they do not have to be original and I am a Seabee So I can do the work and install. Carpenter by trade. Bike Mechanic as a hobby. Need the Help anyone? Shocked

FightingCB

Back to top Go down

FIRST TIME RV GUY Empty Appliance needs

Post  Jimmy Travano Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:06 pm

Hey Newbee, I'm one also. First time this week. As for Water Heaters, I needed one for my 1988 34W Eldorado. (used t be in the RV business, like restoring the old classics) Found a place in Carthage MO. called "Colaw RV Parts" (417) 548-2125. They specialize in used (late model) appliances, including furnaces, from wrecked RV's. I got a three year old water heater identical to the one I had, electronic ignition, with a six month warranty, including the outside door, for $225.00 including shipping. Looked like new when I got it. They bench test all appliances before they sell them. <colawrvparts.com>.

Hope that might be of some help to you. Also, our "Deepest Thanks" for what you are doing to help protect our own freedoms.
God Bless. Hope to hear back from you.

Jimmy Travano

Back to top Go down

FIRST TIME RV GUY Empty I forgot to mention

Post  Jimmy Travano Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:15 pm

I think Eldorado used "HERR" windows, exclusively, in their units. That company is still in business making RV windows.
They will have any of the needed parts for your windows. They have been known to "replace" there old windows with new ones at a greatly reduced, or no cost, to the customer, if the customer will pay for shipping both ways. Not sure of their WEB site address. You might have to guess at it. I'll check into it, and get back to you if I find it.

God Bless.

Jimmy Travano

Back to top Go down

FIRST TIME RV GUY Empty THANKS

Post  FightingCB Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:14 am

Jimmy,
Hope you do not mind I call you jimmy? I want to thank you for the information that you sent out! It is a rare thing to see people help out people in need as you can see I had a few looks and no one aswered save you! Thanks for that! Still looking for a toilet though any idea where to start there? I'll do the window research and the heater deal you got was luck I think but I will see about those maybe I can get lucky too? PA huh? I have a dear friend out that way would give me an excuse to get out more that way too just to thank you! OK thanks alot for the advice and info Keep on movin and hope you never run on empty! Surprised
Respectfully,
Dan

FightingCB

Back to top Go down

FIRST TIME RV GUY Empty Elusive Toilet!

Post  Jimmy Travano Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:07 pm

Hi Dan. Really enjoyed hearing back from you. Didn't expect that anyone would answer after all the time that went by since your post. Hope some of my information was helpful. If you really want to find a "used", but hopefully well cared for toilet, and any other parts that you might need, you might want to try a few of these real good possibilities.

Go to the "search" address bar on your home page and type in: "used rv appliances and fixtures". You'll be amazed just how many "salvage" sites there are. Try any that you think might have what you're looking for. Don't go to the "surplus" sites, they just have "excess" retail stuff in most cases. Two particular sites you might like are: <ericksonsrv.com> and <rverscorner.com> They have just about anything you could imagine. Hit on their menu links for particular items. Just scroll down through them all. At least check and compare prices, of what you want, with a few of them. Colaws is the only one I know of that does give a warranty with their used parts. Not sure of the others.
Most of these sites have phone contact numbers in their pages, and E-mail contacts. It's sure nice finding someone who is appreciative of someone trying to help. You're doing so much for all of us, it's the least we can do. Hope you can stop by this way someday. At least we have "something" in common, an "Orphan"!! Let me know how things work out for you in the future searches and results.

Jimmy Travano

Back to top Go down

FIRST TIME RV GUY Empty LOVE TO DO IT MYSELF

Post  FightingCB Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:21 am

Thanks Jim! I will check those out and see what I can get my wife now wants to remodel the whole bathroom section since I gave her time to think about it. This is the dangerouse part of my marriage if she has time to think about projects it will change more than likely at my demise and expense, and it will change 50 times before I can do anything. So that is why I like to act and try to purchase something because it seems that if I buy parts she does not change her mind. So in short this will help! Hope all is well and I just wanted to say thank you for the acknowledgement of my service I did not get much of that when I got back the first time, It was not like Vietnam but pretty close. Calling me baby killer and war monger It sucked, This is my 4th tour out here and Ihave been in 18 yrs thus far. OK nuff said thanks again Jim! Blessings

FightingCB

Back to top Go down

FIRST TIME RV GUY Empty SHOWER PANS/COMBO

Post  FightingCB Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:42 am

I am also looking to take out the toilet now and the wife would like a shower added now I have seen a few shower Combos. Has anyone have an idea of what it takes to put one of those in. Again I still have not seen this RV I have been stuck in Iraq and doing this all by Computer communication.

FightingCB

Back to top Go down

FIRST TIME RV GUY Empty Re: FIRST TIME RV GUY

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum