ElDorado Motor Homes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Switch on dashboard

4 posters

Go down

Switch on dashboard Empty Switch on dashboard

Post  ghuber65 Fri May 09, 2008 10:22 am

I just bought a 1987 eldorada Mirada,ford econoline 350 There is a three pole three way switch on the bottom left side of the dash. In the manual it says for driving lights, but I can't see what is dose I switch it up down & in the middle but nothing happen Any help would be appreciated. Rolling Eyes

ghuber65

Back to top Go down

Switch on dashboard Empty 3 Poll Switch

Post  ElDorado Jeff Mon May 19, 2008 9:47 pm

ghuber65 wrote:I just bought a 1987 eldorada Mirada,ford econoline 350 There is a three pole three way switch on the bottom left side of the dash. In the manual it says for driving lights, but I can't see what is dose I switch it up down & in the middle but nothing happen Any help would be appreciated. Rolling Eyes

I would have to see the 3 position switch you speak of. If this is a Ford Econoline Van Front Chassis, the driving lights will be the same one just to the left of the steering wheel in the same location it would be on the regular van and it is a pull out automotive switch. If there is an additional switch below that, I'm not sure what that is without seeing it. This could have been added at sometime by a previous owner. If it is a momentary up or down, this may be a switch that engages a relay or solenoid, that engages the house batteries to start the truck, in the event of a dead truck battery. I can't be sure without looking at it.

Thanks

Jeff
ElDorado Jeff
ElDorado Jeff
Admin

http://www.beavercreekboise.com/Eldorado%20Pages/el_dorado_motor

Back to top Go down

Switch on dashboard Empty Re: Switch on dashboard

Post  Phildo Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:48 pm

My '82 E350 has a couple switches down there. One to switch fuel tanks and what appears to be a retrofitted toggle that fires up an auxiliary fuel pump.
Phildo
Phildo

Back to top Go down

Switch on dashboard Empty Do Class B Vans Have A "Kill Switch" for 12V Camper Power?

Post  rhinoturtle Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:58 am

Greetings, all. This is my first post. I couldn't find out how to start a new topic, so will "ride" an existing one from 2008. Hopefully, someone will catch it!

I have a (new to me) 1994 ElDorado Honorbuilt class b van camper. Everything seems to be in good shape.

My dilemma is I can't find any "kill switch" to use the battery 12V power for the camper functions (i.e., ceiling lights, pump, everything behind the driver seat). When I plug in an outside power source from a 110V extension cord to my house, I've got power everywhere! However, when not plugged in to 110, the 12V power does not cut in to replace it.

I bought the $5.95 operating manual on the main website, and it refers to a "kill switch" that ElDorado apparently installed which required users physically to switch to 12V (to save from inadvertently running down the batteries, apparently). The manual says that it was "on the left side of the dash" or "in the cabinet below the sink." I can't find any such switch. I can understand that such a switch would keep things like the fridge or electrical appliances inadvertently running down the van batteries. However, I suspect the technology is advanced enough that there are other ways to avoid the effect. (I talked with an owner of a 1992 class b ElD van, and he didn't have such a switch. His 12V automatically took over when no 110V line was plugged in to an outside power source.)

Any help anyone can provide I would much appreciate! I'm down here in Texas ready to go on a maiden run, but cannot do so until I can find out how to get power to the back end if I try to camp in the wild.

Thanks,

Rhinoturtle

rhinoturtle

Back to top Go down

Switch on dashboard Empty Re: Switch on dashboard

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down