ElDorado Motor Homes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pulling a Jeep

2 posters

Go down

Pulling a Jeep Empty Pulling a Jeep

Post  Ken1138 Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:12 pm

Can I pull a 2010 Jeep Wrangler (Sport) with my 1993 27' El Dorado.
Thanks, Ken1138

Ken1138

Back to top Go down

Pulling a Jeep Empty Re: Pulling a Jeep

Post  jordan Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:38 pm

Ken;I plan on pulling a 1988 Jeep Comanche pickup with a 1996 30ft Eldorado class C on a Ford E350 chassis.I researched it and believe the RV will tow 3000lbs and the jeep is just over 2600.Im pushing it a bit as I'll be putting a motorcycle in the back but still feel comfortable with this arrangement.
I would look underneath the coach and see how they extended the frame to accomodate the rv body.From what I understand some companies just scabbed on a flimsy frame extension and some installed a much more engineered looking frame extension.This will have a lot to do with the stability of what you're towing in my estimation
There any number of towbars and baseplates you can buy and these too ,depending on design would be a factor.A brakebuddy is a must anyway you look at it.Im relatively new to RVing (4 years) and study this stuff whenever I can but if anyone else has two cents worth I may learn a little more....Jordan

jordan

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum