ElDorado Motor Homes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new from bc

2 posters

Go down

new from bc  Empty new from bc

Post  awolbc Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:41 pm

hello all:
Steve here I'm new to rv-ing but have an option to buy an 88-89 EMS starfire with 49000 mi for 10G's
I've had a brief look around inside and it's in pretty good condition, everything I'm told works, except there are some electrical issues on that panel by the drivers console.

I wat to know what to look for, trouble areas, pro and cons, basically any and all info one would consider b4 buying.
maybe someone has some pdf's of the manuals..
I assume being an all fiberglass body wood rot would not be too much a concern ?
I have no pics but probably could get some as soon as the weather clears-up.

thanks
Steve

awolbc

Back to top Go down

new from bc  Empty Re: new from bc

Post  rlux4 Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:28 pm

Hi Steve, I'm kind of new here so I'm just now reading your intro.
Did you end up getting the Starfire?
I got one about the same year that I've had to do quite a bit of work to so maybe I'd know what you're looking at with the electrical problem at the console. Let us know what it is, could be either me or someone here will have an answer.
You're right though, not much wood in these units, which I consider a very good thing. More than once I've had to do extensive repairs to the wood framing on RVs. I did have to replace the wood platform at the floor on both the drilver's and passenger's side between the seat base and door. They're just little somewhat rectangular pieces where you step in if you come in through the front doors. It was easy with some 2X2 and 3/8" plywood.
Ron

rlux4

Back to top Go down

new from bc  Empty about that starfire

Post  awolbc Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:45 pm

Hi Ron, No I did not, but I still can, I will address the console issue over the next few days maybe get a few pics also, I will check out the wood floors too.
wondering what else I should look for and what "issues" or particular weak spots they have.....
thanks for getting back to me,i kinda gave up on the forum, but you re-awakened me.
Steve

awolbc

Back to top Go down

Post  rlux4 Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:25 am

I know what you mean, this isn't the most active forum for sure, but I wanted to find something ElDorado specific when I got mine. As far as weak points go I can't think what they might be, it has a good power train and being all double layer fiberglass rust and rot sure isn't an issue. I don't know if you read about mine, but it held up amazingly well for having sat out in the desert for over 10 years.
One guy did say that the row of relays under the hood by the firewall wasn't a good design, but I haven't addressed that yet. I will, they got pretty rusty but appear to still be functional.
Ron

rlux4

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum