ElDorado Motor Homes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electrical Question for Eldorado Mirada owners..

Go down

Electrical Question for Eldorado Mirada owners.. Empty Electrical Question for Eldorado Mirada owners..

Post  odzdad Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:26 pm

We just purchased a 1989 24' EMC Mirada and have a few questions about the switches.

Issue #1....

I saw the post from another member who was talking about a 3-way toggle switch that is marked as "driving lights" in the owners manual. There are no driving lights on this model, but this switch is wired to a switch (checked by continuity) on the wall just inside the rear door. The common line that goes between these switches is BROWN. On the front toggle switch there are 3-4 wires that look like they attach. BROWN, BLUE, PURPLE and then a "RED" hot wire from the motor battery.

Can anyone make sense of all this?

Issue #2......

This model Mirada does not have an on-board generator, but there are 2 leads coming out of the wall inside the compartment that would hold a generator (near the rear entrance door). One lead is a "HOT" wire that I can trace to the motor compartment that attaches to a solenoid just infront of the motor battery; the other end terminates inside the generator compartment. The other lead is a group of 8 small wires (bundled together inside a plastic sleeve) that runs from the generator compartment into the wall inside the bathroom. It looks like there was some sort of plate on the wall that might have held a switch, but is now covered with a piece of plywood. The wires inside this are very small....like you might find in a wire assembly for a home thermostat. Any idea what wire would attach to? Is the battery lead cable (heavy duty wire) inside this compartment used for starting a generator...if the motorhome came equipped with one?

One last thing. Might anyone in this forum have any wiring diagrams on these models? That would probably solve most of my problems.

This is my first weekend with a Mirada and hope to have a pleasant experiece with it. Any help would be appreciated.

Best to All,
Odzdad

odzdad

Back to top Go down