ElDorado Motor Homes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starfire for Sale for $500 in Salt Lake City

3 posters

Go down

Starfire for Sale for $500 in Salt Lake City Empty Starfire for Sale for $500 in Salt Lake City

Post  SteveM Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:33 am

I thought I'd pass this information along to those who might be interested. A 1986 [?] Starfire is for sale in Salt Lake City for only $500. A towing company has it in their yard. The seller posted the ad on the local TV station online classifieds. If the following link doesn't work then go to www.ksl.com, select the classifieds, scroll to the motorhomes for sale, search for the Starfire.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=6978217&cat=143&lpid=2

I looked at it and it's going to need a lot of restoration work. The interior is very dirty and torn up. The side entrance and bathroom ceiling windows are broken out. The windshields are cracked. It doesn't run, needs new tires, and the generator is gone. Who knows if the appliances work? The only exterior damage I noticed was to the front bumper area, it may have been towed incorrectly? The odometer shows around 24,000, but it's probably 124,000 miles. I haven't asked the seller if he has a clear title.

I'm 6'4" and I'd rather have a motorhome I can stand up in, but if no one on this forum is interested I may try to get it to keep it from being crushed.

SteveM

Back to top Go down

Starfire for Sale for $500 in Salt Lake City Empty WOW!

Post  TimKustom Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:06 am

Thanks for the heads up!

At first, I thought this might be a Starfire I already had in my registry, it's very similar but it is a different one.

If I was closer, I'd buy that in a heartbeat. Do you have a place to store it? The side mouldings were just being discussed.

I'd say there's at least $500 in parts. Email me at timkustom(at)aol(dot)com to discuss further.
TimKustom
TimKustom

Back to top Go down

Starfire for Sale for $500 in Salt Lake City Empty Starfire for sale in Salt lake city

Post  Jon C Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:10 pm

Hey good find. Do you know the owners contact info? I need the driver side rear molding and maybe a few other parts.

Thanks
Jon C
Jon C
Jon C

Back to top Go down

Starfire for Sale for $500 in Salt Lake City Empty Sold

Post  SteveM Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:55 pm

The Starfire in Salt Lake City has sold for $450.

If I notice any others, I'll let you know.

Steve

SteveM

Back to top Go down

Starfire for Sale for $500 in Salt Lake City Empty Re: Starfire for Sale for $500 in Salt Lake City

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down