ElDorado Motor Homes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

planning on buying

3 posters

Go down

planning on buying Empty planning on buying

Post  lenzlmo Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:06 pm

Got a 1987 eldorado starfire 27ft ,39000 miles ok condition in my sights.How much would you expect for me to pay for such a Rv? thanx

lenzlmo

Back to top Go down

planning on buying Empty Re: planning on buying

Post  TimKustom Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:30 am

I think I know what rig you're describing.

I've only seen pictures of it, not seen it in person, that's a big difference.

What's it worth? That's the million dollar question. I've documented over 60 Starfires over the last several years and can honestly say they are only worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. I'm sure that's not the answer you're looking for though.

If ALL systems (truck & RV) are functioning properly, I'd say they are asking a fair price for it.

Remember, these things are over 20 years old now. ALL of them need some form of work. The issues with them are discussed here and on the other Starfire board. Check other vintage Motorhome forums to see what else to expect from rigs of this era.

If your handy, the issues can be dealt with fairly easily. If you have to pay someone to do it for you, it will be rather costly.

I'm not trying to sway you in anyway. A Starfire is a very unique vehicle, be prepared for the attention it will need and it will return that attention in the form of many curious onlookers. Cool
TimKustom
TimKustom

Back to top Go down

planning on buying Empty 1987 starfire purchase

Post  lenzlmo Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:10 pm

thanx for the info,i offered $6000 and they excepted today ,so it looks like I might take the chance.thanx for your response

lenzlmo

Back to top Go down

Post  TimKustom Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:41 pm

If that's the rig in San Diego, I think you're getting a good one.

Please keep us posted on how things go with it. Post some pics too. I have many of the manuals for the original equipment in that rig.

Judging from the pics, I'd be ready to replace all the marker lights on the roof of it pretty quick. They are still available and are much better design than the originals.
TimKustom
TimKustom

Back to top Go down

planning on buying Empty starfire purchase

Post  lenzlmo Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:02 pm

I difinitly will post some pics ,the only change that I would like to do to the rv is to change one of the lounge couchs and replace it with the two recliner swival chairs.Any idea of where to find a couple of those? thanx

lenzlmo

Back to top Go down

Post  TimKustom Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:09 pm

Did you get this rig? I see it on ebay now. PM me if you want to discuss.
TimKustom
TimKustom

Back to top Go down

planning on buying Empty planned on buying ,But.......

Post  lenzlmo Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:04 pm

Hi friend,good to hear from you again, I flew out to sandiego to check the rig out.everything was there ,but it just wasn't clean anough for me to take it on.if I could do most of the work myself I probebly would have went for it.But....unfortunatley it would have cost me too much. the trip wasn't a total loss.they had just took in a trade of the cleanest tioga fleetwood c class motorhome that I have ever seen.it looks and drives like brand new. I got it for a good price also.the floor plan was also what I was looking for so I pulled the trigger and snagged it.So the trip wasn't a total loss. Thanx for your concern.Ill keep in touch.

lenzlmo

Back to top Go down

Post  bcox Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:11 pm

Hi Lenzimo,

What did you find wrong with the 1987 Starfire that you look at in San Diego?

Did you find water damage?

I'm interested in the Starfire but I don't want to make a 5 hour drive to look at the
unit if its not in good condition.

Thanks a lot for your assistance.

Brent

bcox

Back to top Go down

planning on buying Empty sandiego starfire

Post  lenzlmo Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:28 pm

everything was bassicaally there ,but to get the rv restored to were I wanted it to be would be to expensive for me.If I were able to spend the time and had the ability to do the restore work ,it would of probebly had been somthing I would have considered taking on.unfortunately that wasn't the case.if you are handy I would offer $5500 - $6000 out the door for it.

lenzlmo

Back to top Go down

Post  bcox Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:32 pm

Hey Lenzimo,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am looking at purchasing and parking at a RV park instead of renting an apartment.

Is the unit in livable condition?

Did everything work?

Sounds like you found a better deal. Maybe I should shop around and look at other makes and
models if this isn't a really great buy.

Sorry for all the questions and I really appreciate the help.

Regards,

Brent

bcox

Back to top Go down

planning on buying Empty sandiego starfire

Post  lenzlmo Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:41 pm

everything seemed to work ok water,electrical,this motorhome would be one for a person that liked these models and would like to take there time and restore back to cleaner condition.on a scale to 1 to 10 it's a 6.

lenzlmo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down